Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Happy 8th Birthday, Our Lovely Daughter!!


On 23rd October 2011, my lovely daughter, Ruth Jasmine, turned 8 year old! I suddenly had a mixed feeling about it. I am happy because I have a wonderful, beautiful, and smart daughter, but at the other hand, for me everything has moved too fast!

I still remember how I hold her in my arms for the first time, and now she is 8! She is already busy making friends, hang out and have fun with them.

Her birthday was on Sunday. So we decided to get together with families after church. We came early to church on that day to keep up with blood donation program. Since we joined this program at church, Jeffry and I regularly participate in this program. We feel healthier since joining this blood program. We donate our blood every 3 months.


We had Ruth's birthday lunch at ChopStix Restaurant in Citos (Cilandak Town Square). Oma Vien Joris, Oma Dian Joris, Uncle Rico Joris, Aunty Astrid Joris, Uncle Seno, Aunty Vitri, Uncle Wisnu, and Aunt Nining were there with us. We missed Akung and Uti in Salatiga and Uncle Novary Joris who was still in Balikpapan for a business trip.


This year, Ruth didn't want me to bake a birthday cake. She asked for ice cream bithday cake instead. I called Harvest Bakery one day earlier and had them delivery the Black Forest Ice Cream Cake to ChopStix Restaurant in Citos. The black forest ice cream cake was delicious, all of us loved it. Good choice, Ruthie!

We had a good time that afternoon, especially the kids. After the lunch, Ruth, Jonathan, Rico, and Astrid continued their fun with going to see the movie. They went to the cinema inside Citos to watch Three Musketeers. I went shopping to Matahari Department Store with Oma Diana, and Jeffry enjoyed his books and coffee at Starbuck. The rest like my brothers and their wifes, including my mom in law, they went home to prepare themselves for late afternoon Sunday Service in their churches.

Thank you dear Father, for the beautiful gift in my life. Bless my little princess as she is growing becoming the woman who is devoted her life for You, amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment